|Briefing ID #: 17220
ALL PRINCIPALS/APS/TEACHERS: Social Sciences- Ethics in Education A to Z Conference
|Audience:||All Principals/APs, All Teachers|
To announce the dates and provide registration information for an upcoming conference on Ethics in Education.
- The Miami-Dade Commission on Ethics and Public Trust, the University of Miami, and Miami-Dade County Public Schools are having a two-day conference for teachers, students, administrators, parents/guardians, and concerned citizens covering major ethical issues at all levels of American education.
- Topics will include: Teaching to the Test, The Allure and Power of School Sports, School Choice, The Immigrant Influx, Civics Education, Bullying, Race and Justice, School Policing, Social Media, the “Tiger Mother/Parent,” Ethics Bowl and more.
- This two-day conference will begin on Friday evening, May 1, 2015 from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the University of Miami, Coral Gables Campus, Storer Auditorium in the School of Business Administration . The second day of the conference will be held at Miami Senior High School, 2450 SW 1st Street, Miami, Florida 33135, on Saturday, May 2, 2015 from 7:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- This conference is open to teachers, students, administrators, parents/guardians and other concerned citizens.
- The conference cost is $50.00 for both days; $25.00 for Friday evening reception only or $40.00 for the Saturday conference only. Full time students may ONLY attend the Saturday portion of the conference. The student cost is $15.00.
- See the attached promotional flyer for additional conference information and a brief outline of speakers and topics.
- See attached registration form for specific instructions on submitting payment.
- Please note: conference costs include: refreshments and hors d’oeuvres at the reception and keynote address on Friday, May 1, 2015, lunch at the Saturday portion of the conference, and all other benefits of attending the conference.
- For teachers/administrators who also wish to earn 12 Master Plan Points for successfully completing all professional development requirements associated with this conference, please follow the registration steps outlined below:
- Go to www.dadeschools.net and log into the Employee Portal;
- Next, click on the tab: Apps, Services, Sites;
- Next, scroll down to and click on the box: My Learning Plan;
- A new window will appear. Click on the arrow next to Activity Catalogs and then click on District Catalog;
- Under Search Options, in the Search Term(s) box type the title of the Activity exactly as follows: Ethics in Education A to Z and hit enter.
- This activity will be listed below under Search Results. Click on the title’s name (in blue); the activity will open and details regarding this workshop will appear.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on Sign Up Now.
- Next, the Enrollment form- Site Based Activities area will appear. Scroll to the bottom and click on “I Have Read and Accepted the Agreement Above” and click Submit.
- If you require further assistance with the registration process, please contact your school’s PD Liaison.
- Please direct ANY further questions or inquiries you have regarding this conference to The Miami-Dade Commission on Ethics and Public Trust, www.ethics.miamidade.gov or call 305-579-2594.